Registration open for high school journalism event Feb. 25
The annual BoldFaced Journalism program for high school journalism students will be held on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012, at San Francisco State University.
The conference is for high school journalism students and their advisers. The program offers a day of workshops and panels looking at the changing world
of journalism and media with journalists, media professionals, journalism instructors, university journalism students and others.
There will be separate tracks for students and teachers. Download a registration form
Sessions already lined up include:
* 25 Ways to Build an Award-Winning Newspaper
* A Website Start-up/Tune-up
* Adviser Roundtable
* Column Writing or Telling It Like (You Think ) It Is
* Covering education
* Gender-specific Reporting
* Going paperless: How to leverage digital tools and social media in the newsroom
* How Do You Want to Pay for That?
* KQED News Education Project – Connecting the Newsroom and the Classroom
* News Blogging
* Newspaper Critiques
* Opinion Writingz
* Press law
* Sports Photography
* The News Photographer
* Using digital and social media to cover sports
* What makes a good news story and where can you find it?
* Your Digital Toolbox